Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Erie

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Anyone have any recent reports from the big lake? Heading up wed for 5 days. We stay in port clinton and usually fish somewhere between put in bay and Kelly's this time of year. We troll a lot but if the casting bite is hot I'd much rather do that.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
ohio game fish web site has a ton of erie reports from east to west.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
WE TROLLED OUT OF OAK HARBOR WILD WINGS AREA 6 OF US GOT THIRTEEN WALLEYES ALL 20 PLUS. AND WHITE BASS WHERE CAUGHT ALSO.

Bryan

• View Profile
Lots of fatties in Huron!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
my go to is lorain.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Well we had a great trip!  Caught 5 man limits every day wed-sat trolling east of put in bay. Usually done by noon. Then went out in the afternoons to cast for fun and bass fish. Boated over 200 total. Lots of eaters but caught several fish ohios including a 30 in 10lb and a fat 28 1/2 that tipped the scales at almost 11.  Worm harnesses got em all. Any blade with purple on it. Only downside was the white bass and white perch. They have been out of control the last couple years.Great weather until Sat afternoon when that front hit. Sun was unfishable for anyone with any sense so we slept in and headed home.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
nice haul  ,,,  ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
Great job 30. Were you using weights or divers with the harnesses and what amount of line out? Finally going to make it up there this weekend. Been going through withdraws not fishing Erie since ice. Any info greatly appreciated.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Purple jet divers. Most fish 35-45 back. 1.8-2.2 mph. And we run big planer boards to get em out away from the boat. Good luck g. Wish I was going with ya.lol

g

• View Profile
Thanks for the info 30. Hopefully the wind forecast for Sat. will be wrong. Never know until it happens. Hopefully I can get out, will post either way.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Yeah its not looking real good. Supposed to switch for Sunday but those rollers from the east are gonna take a while to die down. Be safe.

g

• View Profile
Made it out Fri. afternoon and kept 5 eaters, 17-22 inchers. Had 1 a hair over 15 I threw back. Shrinkage in the cooler would put it close and didn't want to risk a ticket. Fished 1.3 miles out of Mazurik trolling toward Kellys water tower. Spoons 35 back on 40 jet and 65 back on 30 jet. Speed around 2 mph. Freakin veggie was hot color. Caught a 3-4 inch eye on it too. wondered why nothing was hitting my planer board and reeled in to check my spoon and there it was, a 3-4 inch walleye. Had a good laugh over it. probably caught at least a dozen shorts. Wind picked up and keepers disappeared. Too rough Sat. so we artificial ice fished in Bass Haven Marina. Caught a bunch of gills and a carp well over 10 lbs. on a jigging rapala. Sun. calmed down a lot but fish didn't cooperate. Nate lost one keeper at the boat and I had 2 shorts. Just glad to finally get out.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Understand that. I have my first post surgery trip planned for next Sunday. Hope the weather cooperates. Glad you got out and had fun!   ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Well glad you guys at least got to fish a little. Sucks they weren't biting tho. One of the guys that was up with me went back up today with some other guys and last I heard they weren't doing very well either. Tell you the same thing I told him. Head out east northeast of  kellys. That's where we have always caught the better fish in june. And ditch the spoons. I know some guys like em but the right worm harness will out fish em by a wide margin. Just my 2cents good luck guys

g

• View Profile
I don't have much luck with worm harnesses. Most times I cast jigs or weight forwards. When I troll, it is either cranks or spoons. The way the weather was, I didn't want to make too long a run so I chose spoons. Will try again soon.

Vexilar