Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

May 03, 2024, 07:32:45 AM

Author Topic: Indian Lake  (Read 8078 times)

spiralice

• View Profile
Indian Lake
« on: January 02, 2014, 08:57:01 PM »

Hello IFO members,

New to this site,my son and I fished Hamlin Lake in Michigan last week , great time , highly recommend it !Me and a friend fished Indian Lake this morning in the channels @ Long Island , 5" of ice , caught several small 'Gills no keepers ! Just waiting on colder temps and more ice to chase them all over Indian ! I am very interested in future central Ohio Tournaments , I will be checking this site . I live at Indian Lake and will try to post conditions.

Keep Fishin

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Re: Indian Lake
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 09:02:28 PM »

Thanks for the post. Please keep them coming.

We are coming up on friday to give it a try.

I am going to move this post under the Indian Lake board as guys looking for lake reports will look there.

Thanks for joining us!
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Spiral_Ice_Jr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 10:22:54 PM »

Just introducing myself IFO!!!! See you on the ice!!!
"The Walleye Wrangler"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 10:23:43 PM »

Welcome to the IFO family!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 11:41:47 AM »

Welcome to the site. All ice thickness reports are greatly appreciated. I try and fish Indian as much as possible but have to drive 60 miles to get there. Knowing ice conditions at various spots helps me figure where I will fish without driving around checking spots. All posts are appreciated by many of us. Again, welcome to both of you. Hope to meet you on the ice.

panfishnut

• Love those Crappies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 01:17:16 PM »

I just called Mike's 937-843-2261 he said that it has 4-5" clear ice shallow. Not to many venturing out far.

Green Pea

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 05:11:21 PM »

Welcome aboard gentleman. Thank you for the ice update.

hardwateraddiction

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 05:53:47 PM »

Welcome aboard! I'm heading to Indian in the morning so hope to see some IFO faces on the ice.
"Trust me honey, with the price of fish what it is, all this equipment will pay for itself in no time at all!"

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 06:38:46 PM »

Dont believe that!! I was there today and only found one small patch that was 5''. the rest was around 3'' and there were some soft spots so make sure you spud your way to where you are going. Did manage around 20-25 gills. I am debating on going up in the morning. I may go hunting or may go back up. I'm hoping the cold tonight will let us get out a little farther. Would like to find some crappie or eyes. I tried the second pull off at long island and first hit with the spud and it went right thru..same on the north fork side. Had one guy tell me north fork had 2'' but i have no idea as I didnt try it. If I do come up I'll be wearing a blue and black ice armor suit and in a green eskimo shanty.

let it freeze

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 08:08:48 PM »

That's weird here in Dayton I always judge by the Hydro Bowl when it gets ice you can fish any where north of here without fear of non safe ice. It has ice cover now. I know its not safe yet. But its covered. that's all it takes to head up north. It hardly freezes over enough to be safe.

Spiral_Ice_Jr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 08:23:12 PM »

Fella's,
I will not be able to join the fun this weekend, I'm out of town on business.  I will however be out there next weekend.  I would like to meet some of you, I have a black and red suit with a Cabela's 2-man pop up.  The temps look to be dropping, so its time to get those jigs a poppin!!!
See you on the ICE!!!!
"The Walleye Wrangler"

Jawbreaker

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 09:23:44 AM »

Anyone going out on Monday? I know the wind chill is supposed to be Brrrr ,but I'm itching. I live in Lebanon.
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar