Ice Fish Ohio Forum

like kids at Christmas

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
we all want ice. looking back on 30+ years of ice fishing, and what i've learned. i started out on our farm pond. global warming wasn't even thought of. we always had a week or 2 of -10 degrees. then it warmed up, and i could ice fish. didn't have portable shelters, or buddy heaters. i always waited for 4 inches, and i've never had trouble. i can count on 1 hand the times i've got on the ice before Christmas. now it seldom gets to 0 degrees, more people ice fish, we have the 'net so we can talk to guys up north, shantys, heaters, electronics, -------new toys but no playground. have faith guys. winter will get here. anyone rember 2005? on the ice the 2nd week in dec. ice was gone Christmas eve. never froze back. i'm in central ohio, so guys up north have a better chance. we will ice fish. i remember 1 year i went out 1 weekend, and that was it. we will fish. if i gotta travel to do it.

Minnowhead

• View Profile
I remember those winters Pig.  Ice formed for a couple trips, then melted enough to look like swiss cheese!
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
It'll come.  We'll pay for this warm December on the back end of the season.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
I agree, eventually the bottoms gonna drop out of it.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

perchguy

• View Profile

OldSailor

• View Profile
Late ice we mite be fishing well in to march. ;D
I fervently hope so!!! I would not complain about that!! ;D
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever is playing Michigan!!!

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I hope we have ice into march but it has to be gone by the middle of the month. My wife is due with our 2nd child then and I told her she has to wait to have the baby until ice out. She wont be to happy with me if im on the ice instead of being at the hospital.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

lowellhturner

• View Profile
Discression might dictate being present for the occasion, sir...

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
Be careful Last year I chartered on Lake Erie soft water with my son who;s wife was expecting 1st week in June.  We were going out May 15th a Sunday when weather had been bad, so Charter Captain suggested we changed date's since that Sat. they had Two fish for entire boat.  We took advice and low and behold my sons wife delivered my first grandbaby girl that afternoon.  Thank God we had cancelled or we would have heard about that from then until eternity. Ha! Ha!  :D Babies don't go by the ice schedule

cincinnati kid

• View Profile
Your right Pig Puncher. This time last year I was shaving holes in ice in Knox county.
One year my uncle call said he had safe ice and was catching fish, I told him I would want till the next weekend to come up. Well you know the rest of the story   NO ICE  .  SO IF YOU HAVE ICE.    JUST FISH

let it freeze

• View Profile
It always seems like it freezes thought the week and when the weekend comes its gone.Oh that was 2005.

Vexilar