Ice Fish Ohio Forum

sat nimi 2-8

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hit up nimi today, talked 2 a couple nice guys on the way out. left out of christman rd n e launch..headed out between the gas well looking around in the deep water searched but did not  mark anything . headed towards the radio tower checking as I went ,,,nothing...when I hit 9 fow straight out from launch about 300 yds marked fish..set up camp and stayed until I had a bucket of fish   ;D ;D ;D couldn't drill anymore holes   :P :P pooped me out 12 " ice..was using yello pins with wax , n mags..fish were moving around and most of the craps and gills around 35. were just under the ice about 2 ft, got a bunch also on bottom but workin jig 2-3 ft down was the place...was sight fishing just at the edge of vision depth.. ;D total 3 craps 2 perch the rest gills, threw a lot of fish back..they were hit and run on my jigs....NO CATFISH!!!!!    hahahaha oh yeah minnows also..
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 04:17:57 PM by snowcone »
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
How big were the fish?  Glad you got into them!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
size was 2 say barely average on the gills, craps 9" perch small...I threw a lot of small ones back , because usually im catching dinner for  sunday the little women says go BUT fish dinner the next day .  get it ;D ;D ;D ... it was funny slab about noon the sun came out and I couldn't keep 2 rods goin action was great, for about 2 hours , then it slowed down to the normal...so decided to head home and try my new electric knife my women got me, old one dull...heheheh
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

hewescraftnate

• View Profile
We fished north of parking lot 2 on the west side of the lake in 22' of water on saturday. Think we caught the end of a hot bite.  Started fishing at 7 am with 10 nice crappie over 10 inches at 8am they shut off, still marked fish but no takers. I think early and late would be the key.   Tungsten jigs in that deep water worked great with no extra weight on 4# line.... Orange & white was the color.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I've found same thing, the better fish are out a little deeper.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar