Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Snow on the ice

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
If you go out and there is 18" of snow on the ice, PLEASE be careful.  I was out today and you can't see anything.  There was 8" of watery slush on top of the ice, always use your spud.  You can't tell if there are bad spots in the ice.  Also watch out for old holes, I stepped in one today and turned an ankle, old holes can stay open with all that snow and water laying on the ice.  It was probably my own hole form the day of the storm, just be careful.  Rest often as well, I'm in pretty good shape and my heart was pounding slogging thru all that slush for 15 minutes, we don't want to see anyone having a heart problem on the ice.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
Sounds like you guys need to get doug stewart to put a plow on his sled LOL Dnot envy you at all glad we dnot have that problem up here. Please everyone be SAFE take a few extra minutes and check under the ice I want the oppurtunity to eventually fish with all of you when i make it back to Ohio. Dave

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
We will, all the snow just makes it rough to get out and fish.  Especially if you are pulling a sled.  Maybe I need to buy some snowshoes.  Thanks for the concern, hope to fish sometime.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar