Ice Fish Ohio Forum

leaving shantys on the ice

rider79 · 15 · 8508

rider79

• View Profile
 >:( walked out of catawaba st park 1 mile nnw thursday fished no luck anchored two frabill treckers to the ice fished friday till 2pm came back today shantys gone! let me know if you here of someone trying to sell a couple shanties thanks ted

icefshrman31

• View Profile
Tell us that you are kidding that you truly expected that they would still be there.

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
Really sorry to hear, but I agree, I'd never leave anything on the ice, not saying you shouldn't trust everyone on the ice,.... but for real don't trust everyone on the ice, I'll keep an eye on the classified threads on the forums. Hope you get them back!
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

g

• View Profile
Sorry for your loss. Catawba is a bad place to leave anything that can be seen. A few years ago, 2 buddies had a shanty and an auger stolen from the bed of their truck while they were fishing. Have seen broken glass in the parking lot where the thieves broke into vehicles. 2 years ago, I came in from fishing about dark and there was a boat trailer with all 4 tires gone. Bad to think they would go out on the ice to get shanties but hopefully the rest of us will learn not to leave the portables on the ice.

fishingful

• View Profile
We had a set of ramps stolen out of the truck a few years ago. Now we pull the truck on top of them when we go out.

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
I remember the ramps story I was right there when you got back and were taken. I lock it all down or all on the ice and all off at the end.  Keeps the bad apples away.  You can buy a cheap bike lock to secure the ramps and trailer to the truck all in one.  FYI they will steal your trailer if not locked up at Catawba
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Its really sad that this is how the world we live in is these days,I lock my stuff up or try to keep it out of sight! Sad sad sad,sorry for your loss of gear! ??? :-[
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
Sounds like even the truck itself is at risk of theft, I might bring a concrete drill, steel cable and some tamper proof wedge anchors and lock the whole rig to the parking lot if I'm ever in Catawba
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
I heard the sad part is these guys at Catawba don't even fish they just drive around the lot and steal it for resale.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Maybe it's time for a sting operation like at Nimi. Time to start putting these punks in their place!  So sad people don't respect others and their equipment.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
One of them will meet their maker it is only a matter of time and then they get an auger over their head and flogged and switched with a ice rod on their tukas until they bleed.
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Maybe we will get lucky and in there way back off the lake from a nite of thieving that old crack will swollow them up never to b seen again....how terrible if a loss that would be,just saying ;)
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

rider79

• View Profile
 ;)what do you think about leaving a auger,shanty ,poles somewhere and watching them for a while at distance ; :)

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
Accidents happen all the time on the ice....I'm sure they just slipped and hit their head on the ice...no doubt a fall like that could break their neck too.....

trapperjon

• View Profile
honest officer... we watched him whip his own ass over and over and over..... ;D  just sayin'

Vexilar