Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2/25/14

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hit it again this morning.  Chilly Willy, Big Daddy, Nate and myself were there.  Were getting some crappie and gills in C-5. Nothing amazing, lots of lookers but few takers.  Had to work for bites. Today wiggling the rod tip side to side seemed to produce the most bites.  Fish were suspended form from 3-5 feet off the bottom in 7-8' of water.  Chartreuse and glow seemed to be best, although I was getting crappie on red and white jigs.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
slab it was great fun meeting you and the other guys at the tourney, and thanks everyone for the fish contrubitions my women and I had fish tonight   yum  ;D  .. ;D   but slab you need to move out of that bay and hit up some other spots my man..just sayin  8)  oh yeah the eagle was sittin in the trees when I left   so cool  ;D  hope 2 c  you guys out again ...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
It was great meeting you too!  Agree on moving out of C-5, just lazy today. I'm going to be hitting up Deer Creek later this week. I was nervous to hit it because the melt would have the water flowing thru the channel, and I have to cross it to get to the big slabs. The cold will have the ice safe by Thursday or Friday. Going to give Nimi a break until next week I think. Just pounding it for the tourney, learning spots.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Walked out on the ice to check on my son, Nate & his buddy, Josh early Tuesday afternoon.. spoke with BD Carl   Yeah, the bite was slow and fish didn't seem to be moving much.

I did get to see that Bald Eagle fly over the shanty's.

Nathan was trying out the used Red Eskimo Wide 1 he just purchased a couple days prior. Josh was in our Blue Clam Nanook.

Nathan brought home 6 fish... 5 gills & 1 Crappie

Hope the bite picks up.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:38:28 AM by icebucketjohn »
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Vexilar