Ice Fish Ohio Forum

New here and wanna say Hello !

dumpster

• View Profile
I have fished for about 40yrs and I am not afraid to tell fellow anglers where fish are biting.This seems to be a no-no to some people,heck I don't care if I tell you,maybe you aren't fishing like I am. Maybe I can learn something from you?...I am from Youngstown....Good Luck Fishing everybody and be safe !

Erie Tom

• View Profile
Hello Dumpster and welcome!

I had  to laugh when you said about telling  someone about the fishing. Some people are insecure  and will not help an other angler. Had  that happen  the other day to us. Buddy saw  these guys  doing much better  than us. He walked over  and asked what  was  the magic lure and the volunteered a small blue /white Vibe. OK Great. While he was standing there another hookup. Guy  slowly binging  the fish up almost seemingly  wanting to lose it. It  did not come off and low and behold a big gold  spoon.

We always help other on hard water and on  the rivers for steelhead. To us that gives another type of satisfaction  that those  kind of people have not enjoyed yet.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Welcome to the HARD SIDE
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Well said.

I have learned a lot from others and enjoy passing that info on.

You do not have to give up your favorite spot but just giving a safe ice report, depth, lure and technique can go a long way in helping others become better fisherman.

I know i have learned a lot from everyone on this site.

Thanks!
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I agree with David. I'll give depth, lure color and even presentation, as well as ice conditions. That's enough to give somebody a good head start. But if I've worked very hard to find a certain spot, such as the sunken bridge at Nimi, I'm not going to give my gps coordinates away after 3 days of searching.
Welcome to the site also, hope to see you on the ice, I'm in the NE Ohio area too.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Welcome fellow iceman,dont give up your favorite catfish spot THERE'S a member in here that will clean it out leaving nothing but the scent of liver in the air(aka luvstophish) ;D ;D
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Suttalo

• Suttalo
    • View Profile
Welcome!
I haven't been on here long but have learned a lot and everyone has been real helpful and friendly.
Suttalo
"The spirit of the bow dwells in the hearts of all young men."

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
that's funny.. ;D  welcome  8)           did someone say whiskers  :P
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar