Ice Fish Ohio Forum

The JawJacker

JawJacker

• View Profile
Greetings from Idaho. Fished the hard water today. The ice came a week or 2 earlier than normal. Sorry if i'm making you guys jealous. The elevation of  the lake we fished is around 6-7000 feet. We had 3-4 in. of good ice and caught 20-25 trout, cuttbows, cutthroat and brook trout. Biggest fish was a 5 lb female brook trout caught by my son Josh and yes, all fish were caught on JawJackers.  The brook trout was 23 in. and was a pig! It's our biggest brook ever.

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
I'm Half tempted to drive somewhere the itch is so bad. I got my jaw jackers out of the box and played around with them the other day to get a little familiar with them before the freeze, seem like they will work fine for eyes, I'm excited to give them a try on the ice. If they work a well a I hope they do I might have to replace all my tip ups with'em. The Ol'lady thanks you, for given me something else " I HAVE TO HAVE" ;)
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Thanks for the report Jawjacker!

Please post any photo's. Where dying to see some fish on the ice!
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Congrats!  And yes we're jealous.  I love it out there.  Fished years back on open water, ice fishing that area must've been special.  And yes, we'd love to see some pics!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

JawJacker

• View Profile
Here are some pictures of brook trout we caught with JawJackers, the big one was the 23in 5lb female. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:52:01 AM by JawJacker »

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
WOW!  Those are some nice fish.  Congrats to you guys. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
can't wait to get out and try the Jawjacker on the Saugeye's.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Wow, that is a MONSTER brook trout!
Congrats.  I lived in Utah for a few years and really enjoyed trout fishing.  I never ice fished for them but caught bunches on the long rod.  Cutts are some of the most fun fish to catch because they are so feisty.  Maybe some day I will get back west and do some hard water fishing.

Great to see your son so happy with his fish!

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Those are some really nice fish. I cant wait to get out and use the jaw jacker.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

Vexilar