Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Akron area lucks out

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Most of the forcasted snow for us,mon. and tues. is going to stay north of us,which should help the ice build here,yay. :D Hoping to be on by wed.or thur.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Me too!!  Looks-like Thursday for me.  Won't be a long trip, just enough to walk on water, pull a fish up, and scratch the itch!!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

holehopper

• View Profile
You heading for nimo slab?
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Think so, if it's ready.  My favorite places won't be ready by then.  Berlin and parts of Walborn were open water yesterday as was Summit Lake.  It takes a lot of sustained cold for those places to freeze.  Looks like either north end of Nimi or C-5, whichever is safest ice.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

holehopper

• View Profile
Yeah,same here,getting back to summit lake,it has been my experience,living in akron for a lot of years,that when you see that lake iced up,there is pretty much good ice on the other area lakes,the geese will keep it open by the xway for a good while also.really cant say why it's so slow to ice over,warm water discharge or something else,chemicals?

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not sure, but I never eat anything from there.  That said, there are some really big fish in there that are fun to catch!!  ;D

Team Wilcraft!

holehopper

• View Profile
Carp,and several alligators have been caught,really.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
must be project gators eh
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

holehopper

• View Profile
People get them as a pet,and then when they get big,they dump them in the lake,it was in akron leaking urinal,and also on the news.

holehopper

• View Profile
akron lucks out yet again as big storm for friday night and saturday stays south of us,bad news for pa. wva. md.up to 24 in.of snow forecasted.

Vexilar