Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Changed my mind at the last minute

Green Pea

• View Profile
Two years ago I bought a Frabil Ice Suit. It is comfortable, very warm and will more than likely last several years.

When I bought it I didn't give floating suits a second thought. I figured they were priced so much higher there was no need to even get wound up over one.

I should have looked. I think the peace of mind that you get from knowing you have help built in to your suit would make for a more relaxing mind set at different times of the season.

I decided this year I was going to get it over with and buy another suit. I had a floating suit in my basket online made it through all the screens when a life jacket made by Mustang popped up in an add........it was my size, U.S Coast Guard certified and it was $41.00 dollars with free shipping.

Looks like I will be waiting for the floatation suit another year.

How many off you wear a life jacket as opposed a floating suit?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I've never worn either. That said I ordered a flotation suit and it'll be here in 2 weeks.  The peace of mind and safety is worth it.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

quackpot

• View Profile
I use a float suit and I like the light weight and piece of mind.

Green Pea

• View Profile
I would prefer the suit but having spent 400 two years ago I need to get some use out of it. The vest was the cheapest way I suppose.

g

• View Profile
I have never worn either one but plan on buying a suit this year. Only problem is deciding which one to buy. Which one did you order slab?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I got the one from clam. It has a padded butt and knees as well as flotation. I've had a good track record with clam, that's why I got theirs.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
It would be in your best interest to hold off till next year on suits ...and this is not a plug for my sponsor  but a statement that the playing field becomes a lot more interesting next year as far as options for suits
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I have worn my jacket before, it helps when I think the ice is wishy washy in some places. and sometimes if a new icer goes out with me and feels better wearing one even though the ice is favorable....but my spud bar is my best friend......
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar