Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Possible get together at CJ Brown...

lowellhturner

• View Profile
A few of the herd were going to try to get together shortly at CJ, ASSUMING we get SAFE (4") of ice; possibly upon the old barn foundation (#26A and B) or any other spot that is agreeable...what say you all ? The more the merrier I would hope...

Curtis937

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • CPR catfish
I'm in when and what time were you thinking?
CPRCatfish.com

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
I'd be willing to come down just let me know when. Would we be able to all meet somewhere? I'm not very familiar with the area.

lowellhturner

• View Profile

g

• View Profile
I would like to join in too. Have always wanted to learn the lake so hopefully it can happen this year. Please post a date when you get it figured out.

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Im in just post a date/time/place when you know for sure.

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
I will try to be there. Can't wait to get back on the lake. ;)

fshman_165

• View Profile
Checked the lake out yesterday. The entire lake was locked up as of yesterday morning. I checked the thickness in about 12 spots. Ice was from 1 inch to 2.75 in some areas. The ice on the majority of the lake was good clear ice. I went out and checked the spots today and they added over 1.5 inches from yesterday. I made sure I had my striker suit on ;D This weather pattern is similar to what we saw in 2011, when we had good main lake ice. There are actually a couple of spots that people could have gotten on this morning if they know the lake.

lowellhturner

• View Profile
fishintechnition, let me know where you`re coming from and can give you directions. Was thinking of parking in the Marina or on the Main Boat Ramp if necessary. Btw, if anyone has any better "suggestions" than the old barn foundation or golf club gravel pit I`m game...

saugeyemarc

• View Profile
the areas around the mid lake portion of the gravel pits seem to be the first area to attract the crappies during January ice.  I'm hoping we get lucky enough to get ice out from the campground again.  Walleyes and crappies.
specialty is walleye saugeye and sauger with a sprinkling of crappies and perch.
Sponsors: Icefishohio.com,  Reef Runner Lures, Macks Lure, VIBE

lowellhturner

• View Profile
SaugeyeMarc, I`d follow anywhere you cared to lead...mind if we "tag along"? (I promise not to bring a GPS...)

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
I'm coming from Marysville if I remember right I will be coming in on rt 4. I can meet at the marina if you can give me an address. Are we doing it Saturday or Sunday?

Vexilar