Ice Fish Ohio Forum

HT SPINNING REELS

welderhillbilly

• View Profile
WHATS EVERYONES OPINION ON SMALL HT SPINNING REELS? SORRY I POSTED THIS EARLIER IN THE WRONG SECTION BY ACCIDENT.

I NOTICED THAT THEY ARE INEXPENSIVE AND LOOK OK.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

THANKS

WELDERHILLBILLY

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I have 2 and they have worked great for me for 3 years.  I only use them for crappies, but I have had catfish take my crappie minnows and the reels work great, no drag problems.  I've iced 28" catfish with those reels.  However, I lube all my reels once a month, I don't know if that makes a difference with the HT reels or not, but it can't hurt.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

welderhillbilly

• View Profile
I THINK I AM GOING TO TRY THE ACR-106 VERSION . MY REGULAR SPINNING REELS ARE MUCH TOO LARGE AND HEAVY FOR THE HT POLAR PROFESSIONAL RODS THAT I HAVE . HEY SLAB , WHICH MODELS DO YOU USE?

THANKS
WELDERHILLBILLY

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I can't remember and the numbers are worn off from use.  But the model you are going to try will work great for you.  Hope you do well and stay safe in the late season ice.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar