Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Deja Vu... All Over Again

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I will remain optomistic that the ice is coming sooner than we might think. These crazy weather conditions are not out of the ordinary, nor is the panic beginning to set in among ice anglers all across the ice belt.

In recent years we have had:

Fishable ice turned open water by Christmas.

No ice formation, followed by bitterly cold temps and beautiful ice within 2 weeks of 60 degree weather.

No ice until January about 7 years ago, and then we had one of the longest seasons I can remember.

History tends to repeat itself everyone. So just relax, let the mercury drop and enjoy the holiday season with your families and friends. The ice will be here soon enough, and you'll want all of your "Get out of jail free Cards" when it does. So do some extra chores around the house. Fix something here and there. Play with your tackle when she's not looking. Stay busy and maintain your sanity.

What little you have left.

Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Very true.  This extra time has given me time to get some things done around the house I wouldn't have otherwise.  Like put the rocker trim and radio in my 1947 classic car! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Time to sharpen all your hooks:

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
We had a early ice year last year and now we are having to patient.

I remember about 10 years ago it started like this and it turned out to be a great year. When it froze it stayed frozen all winter and i fished a farm pond with my brother on March the 14th on 10 inches of ice in 58 degrees.

It will come and we will be happy.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

perchguy

• View Profile
I've been working on that honey Do list myself.so win the ice gets here Ii be ready.

erierider

• Global Moderator
  • I have a Chubby!
    • View Profile
The advice about getting your things done around the house could not be more true. My wife sees me trying to just do everything and can't wait to get me out of her hair! I have one more last night trolling walleye trip up on Erie tonight and then it will be like watching paint dry on the wall til hardwater comes. But it will be here. It is normal to be talking to my friends from PIB at the Cleveland Boat show mid-january and have them tell stories of them just starting to pull their shanties out onto the harbor. Don't worry soon come! Soon come!
Ice Fish Ohio
Pro Staff
Team Dreamweaver Spoons
Orange Crush Reef Runner Troller

Vexilar