Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Help!!!

Rippin Lips

• View Profile
This is my second season ice fishing and I would like to catch some eyes I picked up a few last year on minnows at mosquito lake but me and my dad hit Berlin Sunday got out about 3 and fished till 530 at the road bed  fished 17fow but couldn't get a bit I tried vibes and jiggin Raphaela's tipped with minnow and Swedish pimples tipped with minnows we marked fish but just couldn't seem to get them to bit they would come up look at it and if u moved it they would swim away fast and if u just let it sit they would look at it for 15-30 seconds and just swim away I don't know what we where doing wrong but would be thankful for any help I'm off all week and would like to try it again before this warm weather comes this weekend

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Any of your bait stores have leeches right now? If not you could try the gulp alive leeches on a jig head or drop shot.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
anything gold was the ticket last year when i was up there
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
also dont move the bait more then 2inches or try just shaking it side to side but slowly
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

Rippin Lips

• View Profile
OK so just move it slow and just a little bit now when u use the vibes do u pull them up hard enough to feel it vibrate or just move it up easy and do u hit them off the bottom and thanks for the pointers and if anyone is going to fish Berlin this week and need a fishing partner let me know

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
We rip them on Indian but they like a shorter jerk and wiggle at Buckeye.

I would look at freakofnatures reports on Berlin as he describes in detail how they want it at Berlin. Pm him as he might be out there.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Vexilar