Ice Fish Ohio Forum

ICE FISHED TODAY!!!!!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D Got on some ice today.  Although it was a tense half hour.  Sat in my sled and used a spud bar to push myself out onto the ice like an oar.  Got 6 bluegills from 4-7 inches on gill pills tipped with a maggot.  Ice was 1 1/2-2 inches.  Used a small hatchet to chop my hole, didn't want the weight of an auger with me.  Also only took 1 rod with me.  In case of ice breakage didn't want to lose my gear.  I don't recommend this form of ice fishing.  But I know the pond well and stayed in less than 5 feet of water. ;D  Here are the pics of the trip, my Dad was with me.  He got on the ice same way.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 03:27:16 PM by slabslayer »
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

jumpy

• View Profile
    • www.buckeyefishingcharters.com

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Your sir are nuts! lol
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp
How does the on line tournament work. I want in.
The first tip up that can be fished on ice and land.

www.quickfishtipup.com

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
There's an entry form you print off and fish for different species.  There's a board farther down the home page titled "Online Tournaments."  You print off your entry form and do what I did.  There's a post of today's fish in the "bluegill online tournament" page.  Put the entry form in the pic with a tape measure in the photo beside your fish too.  You can read all the rules and see some of last year's entries in the online tournaments section.  David just hasn't got the form up for this year yet due to no safe ice.  You print it out and carry it with you.  But I made my own today because there were no new forms, and for the first day out contest we needed a dated photo with a fish for someone to win.  Skunkedagain picked today, so I needed a pic for him to win his prize.  I really pushed it today, probably not a good idea, but I was going stir crazy!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 04:42:37 PM by slabslayer »
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
certifiably insane  wish id been with you.  i fished on ice like that the first time i tried it.  u got it bad if that dont unnerve u
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

OldSailor

• View Profile
Your sir are nuts! lol
X2     Makes my butt pucker just thinking about it!! LOL..
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever is playing Michigan!!!

g

• View Profile
glad someone finally made it out & caught something. more importantly, glad you made it back without a dunking. be safe.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Can I have your gear WHEN you fall thru???
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
you know the general public thinks were nuts already, good man ;D i love storys like this it make me think im even more sane than i thought...but...i would do this and have done this .....and my hats off to ya ....oh wait it sank when i went thru the ice hehehehhe.....besides i think boat surfing on lake erie is right there with ya    you the man............... :D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar