Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Wise up

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
 :-\  How many ice fatalities do we need to hear about before it sinks in ? Safe Ice ? No ice is completely safe , 4 inch minimum . I'm as anxious as everyone else but my life is more  precious to me ,not to mention my family. Life is way to short to risk over a couple of fish . Get smart and wait on safe ice and catch a lifetime of fish.   ;)

g

• View Profile
Amen to that. I would rather hardwater fish anytime but my life is more important to me & my family. I have only been 4 times this year waiting for safe ice and someone to go with. Fishing alone is never a good idea . I did it once this year at Indian but only fished 5 ft. of water and people were constantly driving through the parking lot. Be safe and enjoy.

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Minnowhead

• View Profile
You almost get a desperate feeling to salvage your ice season and venture out on thin ice.  Just  the thought of waiting till next year for a chance to ice fish can tempt anyone.  Before you risk losing all your gear or even your life, consider this.  Michigan has safe ice 7-8 hours away.  You can get your fix and enjoy a long weekend.  Use your new gear and have plenty of stories to tell when you get back.  Our season may not have been fullfilling but it definitely would suck to read about a fellow IFO angler losing his life. 
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile

Vexilar