Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Pics of how you pack your shanty.

zoeconner

• View Profile
    • QuickFishTipUp
Man I lone the room of the Nanook but hate trying to keep everything organized. Anyone have any pics or tricks on how they do it. At the end of the day mine looks like I rolled it over a few times. Also Is there anything that you keep your rods in. Mine are getting tangled together.

Steve
The first tip up that can be fished on ice and land.

www.quickfishtipup.com

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I have a Clam Nanook also.

Just like you, I've encountered the same problem with rod organization & storage inside the shanty.  Currently, I'm working on the design & making of a simple, removeable unit to overcome such dilemma's.  Will post pics when I get it done.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
I thought of putting two velcro strips above my head and putting my rods in them.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
crv: That would work as long as you remembered to remove them before dismantling the extention rods otherwise you'd run the chance of snapping them in half.. unless you figure out a place to put the velcro where it wouldn't interfere with the extension rods.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey guys was checking out packing your stuff so i took a few pics of how i manage mine.first pic basic sled with auger,sled made from a walker and old skis.then with plastic container that fits inside frame,you can see everything fits inside,5-rods,tackle,fish finder,anchors,ice walkers,gaff,propane tanks,ice scoop,ect....   then lid goes on, last pic is with pop-up,heater,buckets to sit on with a few bungees to hold this onto sled,  pouches on the side hold misc. stuff like minnows,extra rope......this is how i store it in summer..but keeps it portable for using.  when i get on the ice there are small tubes duct taped to frame i slip rods in and pouches to store pop-up cover when moving around on ice.i see some really creative sleds out there.i try to make it all work in frigid temps when my fingers wont.hope this gives you some ideas how to manage your stuff.have fun,be safe,see you out there ............
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

floater99

• View Profile
hey guys was checking out packing your stuff so i took a few pics of how i manage mine.first pic basic sled with auger,sled made from a walker and old skis.then with plastic container that fits inside frame,you can see everything fits inside,5-rods,tackle,fish finder,anchors,ice walkers,gaff,propane tanks,ice scoop,ect....   then lid goes on, last pic is with pop-up,heater,buckets to sit on with a few bungees to hold this onto sled,  pouches on the side hold misc. stuff like minnows,extra rope......this is how i store it in summer..but keeps it portable for using.  when i get on the ice there are small tubes duct taped to frame i slip rods in and pouches to store pop-up cover when moving around on ice.i see some really creative sleds out there.i try to make it all work in frigid temps when my fingers wont.hope this gives you some ideas how to manage your stuff.have fun,be safe,see you out there ............
DUDE U R WAY TO ORGANIZED LOL.NICE SLED.My Mthroutlaw wants her walker back  :o : ;D

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
ha ha tell grandma she can have her walker back in the spring, by then i should be able to find some old lawn chairs for raw materials... thanx.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
Thanks I have Nanook and see that a cover is probably a good idea for keeping things in the sled while pulling.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Thanks for the post Snowcone.

I don't know how i missed it and just seeing it now..

That gives me ideas for my set of Ski's.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pics from last year on tackle & gear organization of my Clam Nanook:

Vexilar