Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Shanty Mods

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Since I'm home with a bum left ankle., (sprained it Sunday Oct 30), I'm going stir crazy. Have spent hours sofar at various ice fishing websites, videos, manufacturers, etc.  Needless to say, it's been lots of fun and really getting me pumped of the upcoming season.

Contemplating upgrading & improving my son's Clam Nanook.

Adding runners are at the top of the list.

Thinking about adding some LED lights to the Clam Nanook.

(I did take out the folding chairs for the weight reduction and used 5 gallon buckets last year).

Any comments, suggestions, insights, experiences, & directions would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 10:46:12 AM by icebucketjohn »
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Minnowhead

• View Profile
IBJ, sorry to hear about the ankle.  Hope it heals up quick.  One simple thing I added to my shack was a golf towell.  It has a metal clip ring on it that attaches to a golf bag.  I just clip it on one of my poles overhead and let it hang.  It is ready for me to wipe the fish slime off and can be removed if needed.  Since it has a clip on it I can slide it left or right to keep it out of the way.  Hope this helps.
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
Hollhisle has the salmo towels that are part of the support package, and in his case you can also use these to wipe your tears if your fishing partner out fishes you every time you go fishing :o
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
Gosh Chris you're starting early this year I love it, but I heard he got a new camo suit so he could sneak up on the fish and hook them when they're not looking.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Golf towel is always attached to my thigh.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
That's really cool.  Gives me some ideas.  Thanks.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

perchguy

• View Profile
Trying to resize pics.not woking very good.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I like that set up!

Can you describe how you did it and what you used. Maybe a close up picture.

Thanks
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I have 2 of the otter rod holders in my flip over but I really like the adjustable ones that you have. Where did you get them and how much? thanks for any info
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

perchguy

• View Profile
I got the rod holders cabala's.the tubes rod holders are made of light pvc pipe.the rod holders were $20.00 a little salty.I got rod holder that is under seat came from walmart under $20.00 bucks it can hold 6 rods but I cut it to hold 4 rods it's plastic.keeps rods from getting broke and not in a bucket.put shelf in at the curve of the tub cant see it from picture.I hope that helps.

Vexilar