Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Runner kit?

pete12 · 7 · 6816

pete12

• View Profile
I just got the clam voyager, do you guys suggest putting one of these runner kits on and what is the benefit?

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
Pete I just received one from a guy in MN that is made out of hyfax for a voyager. Everyone up here recommends it this is the first time ive had one. If you want I can IM his info to you Dave

pete12

• View Profile
Yea that would be great... What's the cost?

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
I would definitely recommend the runners. I think they were only 25-30.00 for my otter. The runners help out in a couple of ways. First they keep the bottom of the sled from wearing out from being dragged on asphalt/concrete parking lots, gravel and anything harder then the plastic. The runners will wear out over time and can be replaced instead of having to but a new sled. Second they help the sled tow straight when being towed behind a quad or snowmobile. There are other reasons i cant remember off hand. I'm sure more people will chime in.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

davek

• Dave Brett Dan
    • View Profile
Pete, I pd 50.00 plus 15 in shipping they are a half in thick and 2 inches wide the material is the same they use for snowmobile runners. I could never find dimendios for the runners sold by the sporting goods stores in fact all of them I contacted had none available for the voyager. I got them from Paul Kaufman you can contact him at " [email protected] "
He was great to deal with and stayed in constant touch, they came with hardware all you need to do is heat them up to form them around the front of the sled Dave

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey guys heres food for thought i go to the thrift stores and pick up old skis and make runners for real cheap, just be sure there down hill skis there really lighter, narrower and you can cut them to length...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar