Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2014 Start in NW Ohio.....Snow!!!!!!

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Fishing...The ONLY way we'll walk on water!
    • View Profile
 :-[   Looks like I need to move to Southern Ohio.... Had 3 to 5" of ice last weekend before warm up and then temperatures dropped; looking forward to good ice finally on bigger lakes with upcoming single digit highs and negative lows BUT.... now we're getting 8 to 9" of snow today and tonight. Won't make much ice with that much insulation. :'(

Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Grandpa Bob's Custom Jigs
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures
Zeko Shoes
Liquid Mayhem

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
NE Ohio is in same boat.  Hope it forces water up on the ice, that will melt the snow, then with the lows, it'll all freeze.  That would be perfect, 4" of instant good ice. It could also cause no ice formation also if conditions are right.  We hope for the best, or we all will be on Indian this winter.  If that happens the fish will be as far away from the man in the yellow suit as possible!! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Just finished plowing driveway, with this cold our snow is extremely light. Reminds me of the snow at -40 degrees when I lived in Alaska; would stack up to 6" on tiny tree branches. I don't think we'll have enough snow weight with this storm to force the water up, but I can hope. Will have to hit some smaller water on Saturday.
Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures
Zeko Shoes
Liquid Mayhem

64toby

• View Profile
No snow from Wooster south Shreve lake should thicken up real good this week.

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Snow finally moving out of NW Ohio.. Blowing and drifting. Most counties level 1 or 2 snow emergency.  Negative temps tonight,  high of 20 Saturday, accumulating snow again on Sunday. Next week; highs in the the single digits and lows to -15 w/o windchill. I think we got about 10" of snow.  If we didn't have the snow, I'd be breaking out the gas augerftp://
Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures
Zeko Shoes