Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Hope they are right.... Hope they are wrong...

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
They are calling for 2 straight weeks of at least a 40 high starting the 10th... WTH?

swedish nipple

• just like fishining out of a barrell
    • View Profile
Generally after a 10 day forcast the weather people (accuweather included) uses the average temperatures for those days as their forcast.
I would not get to worried about the extended forcast yet. they can barely get a 5 day forcast correct.
Dick Goddard has predicted this January to be one of the coldest on record.
Spencer Lake, Wellington, Willard, Chippewa, Oberlin

Icetester

• View Profile
Dick Goddard, lol.   I saw that yesterday, told myself wait another day or two and it might change, usually does, but if not after that second day, then a lot of times you have to expect it to be close to what they predict, unless there is a major change.

Dick Goddard, again, lol  ::).  I would not doubt that we see 50's again this month. It's the new trend in recent years. This sport is not for Ohioans as of late. It's wild tho, it has to be almost perfect to get good solid ice, the weather is just too inconsistent. Those temps they are showing are not historical averages. They'd be predicting mid 30s at worst, seeing 8 days or more in the mid 40s and rain is not a good sign. We have also adapted the new wind trend as well, winds have been on the uptick in the last couple years. Once again time will tell, we wait and see. At worst maybe we get those highs but the lows at night stay that, low, and re freezes what we lose during the days. No matter what happens we still need to use our heads and stay sharp with the decisions we make when we venture out. Good luck...

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
On weather.com they're long term forecast along with noaa also are aiming to show warmer temps in Jan. Yes these next few days will be awesome but by next weekend looking like rain here. I hope things stay like this but its too good to be true.
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Accuweather got me on the ice 10 days out with first ice, got me off the ice too.....haha. They have some serious technology out there today and it's been pretty close. A good reference none the less. I agree with the last post, low 40's is no big deal if we get that solid base with overnight lows below freezing. This snow is really hurting us tho.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Seems every year we get a January thaw. A few years back we had open water in mid-January and by the middle of February we were on 12" of ice at Nimi. Hang in there guys, we're going to have a good season yet. Most of us have fished as much as we did last year already this year and today's only January 2nd. Great ice fishing will hit us this year yet!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar