Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Monday, 1/13, if ice

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I can't get back out until Monday.  Low temps are a little lower than forecasted originally, so the warm-up may not hurt us that bad.  I'll have some time to fish on Monday and Tuesday the way things look.  If we can still get on the ice, anyone in NE Ohio want to fish?  If so, where?  Deer Dreek has been doing well if the ice stays safe.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

gimme ice

• View Profile
SS, if the weather holds out I'm good for 4hrs. on Monday. Portage lakes, Mogadore, other? Wouldn't mind meeting up to fish.  ;)

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'd be up for any of those.  See what is still good come Monday.  I'll be fishing probably 7:30-11:30 am.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

gimme ice

• View Profile
OK, let's see what the weather leaves. Unfortunately, I can't do any ice checking this weekend.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Me neither.  :-\  Hope our friends on here can point us in the right direction Monday morning. I'm not afraid to plank out if shore ice is rotted 2-3 feet out, but is solid past that. That can be some amazing fishing!  Just have to be cautious! ;D

Team Wilcraft!

gimme ice

• View Profile
SS, I think I'll play it safe tomorrow and stay off the ice. Post your results if you make it out. Maybe hook up after another freeze.  ;)

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ok.  Looks like I'll be planking out if I make it out. Going to try for sure, wanted Nimi, but looks like Mogadore. I'll keep everyone posted! ;D

Team Wilcraft!

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Hey Slab, we just got off 5" at deer creek. If you go tomorrow watch the edges. Chuck A&C and I got on without a plank along the causeway and the hill parking lot.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nice, get much?  You fishing again tomorrow?

Team Wilcraft!

steelneyes

• View Profile
Hey All,
I gotta run over that way to Mark's shop tomorrow morning.  Unfortunately, will be getting out there around the time you guys are done.  Planning on putting some planks in the truck as skeeter almost required them today (see report).  My biggest fear is some idiot removes them while I'm out though.  If anyone would shoot me a pm in the morning or post here I'd appreciate the update, otherwise may run back to skeeter.  Truck was frosted over at 7pm in the lot and holes were skimming over in about 20 mins though so I think we dodged this warmup for the most part.
Spud one, spud two, if it went through, so will you!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Agree. For the plank fear, I feel the same way. I always remove mine and leave it on the ice near where I got on then throw it on the bank when I'm ready to get back off so nobody steals mine.

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar