Ice Fish Ohio Forum

new panfish rod grip technique

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Tried a new way of holding the rod while jigging for panfish today at Nimi.  Maybe some of you already hold it this way, but it really increased the subtlety that I could twitch my jig.  I can't argue with the results either!! ;D :o  Had a great day.

First pic is the grip, the others are the results! ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Observed guys using that technique of various videos the last few seasons and decided to give it a try too.

It has its places and I'm adding to my arsenal too.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
I almost exclusively hold my ice rods like that, most comfortable and sensitive I've found as well as being the easiest way to maintain the most control on the action and presentation of the lure in my opinion

Any tips on targeting pickerel in specific? I'm tired of catching trout and bass, And I seem to suck at bluegill ice fishing
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I cant hold my rods like that my carpol tunnel would leave me numb and then I might drop my pole in the hole.... :P :P hahahah
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar