Ice Fish Ohio Forum

New guy wanting to get out Thursday...

Fleischman

• View Profile
Hi all, I haven't gone ice fishing around here in a very long time, but with all of the cold weather this year, I'm itching to get out there. Will anyone be out on CJ Thursday that might want to help me out?  Full disclosure:  I have no ice fishing equipment.  I am sure I'm going to look like a huge newbie, but I have to start somewhere!  I'd really appreciate any help.

xtown icer

• View Profile
In the old days we used to use slip bobber rigs for pannies. Use the end of an old two piece rod and tape a small spinning reel to it. String up some 4LB test get the smallest slip bobber you can find and all you need is some ice lures bait and a hole. For $10 dollars you can get a pretty good mix of ice flies and teardrops. Jiggin raps and spoons will cost a lot more but you don't need that to get started. Some people like myself have a thousand dollars or more in ice fishing gear but you don't need that to start. Most people will let you borrow an auger or just find an old hole and use a spud bar. Send me a PM I'll help you out when I'm there.

lowellhturner

• View Profile
Was going out Sat or Sunday assuming the pipes don`t refreeze !

Vexilar