Ice Fish Ohio Forum

WTB ... Gas auger

Chilly willy

• View Profile
 :o.   Ok all I am new to ice fishing and found out at mosquito Sunday that a gas auger is almost as important as the rods !!! I did not have one and seen people using. Them and after getting 2 holes drilled by hand and I look over and the guy next to me has his drilled and is already fishing . So if anyone has one cheap enough like really cheap I am interested . If it needs some work that is fine. For I am mechanically inclined . Don't care what it looks like as it drills holes . You can PM me you post in this thread . Thanks all !!

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
I have had this model for 3 years and love it when the ice is thick or on trips. If the ice is under 6" you still need a god hand auger.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/mako-43cc-quantum-ice-auger.aspx?a=707772

This model is a little cheaper
 http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/sting-ray-33cc-8-quantum.aspx?a=707771
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
you know the reason we got such good ice is because i sold mine earlier this season.   you can thank me now
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I have a Strikemaster and love it. Had it 4 seasons now. Worth every penny. But I have a hand auger too, but I will use the gas drill on anything over 3 1/2"-4". Between 2-4" I'll use the hand auger to reduce weight on the ice, but that's it. Trying to hand drill ice like we've got now is like trying to dig your basement with a pick and shovel, it can be done, but there's a much better option!  Gotta love new technology with the power auger options (gas, propane, or battery).
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Chilly willy

• View Profile
Looking to spend less than 200 bucks . I agree with the comments , hand drilling through the ice we have now tears up the shoulders and elbows . After drilling 2 holes I'm done .

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
"Walleyeguy" (Gary) Has an ION and said he wanted to put it on craigslist might PM him to find out how much he wants.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

Vexilar