Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Specific rod

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
arods while ago I was at the fin feather fur in berea, seen an extrordinarly short spinning ice rod (like maybe 15" tops" I wanna say it was around $9 and if memory serves me right, it was a light blue similar to the St. Croix Premiers And the tip section had a chartreuse and blaze orange checkering, a few bulky stainless guides with a cork handle, ugly looking rod, but for some reason I want it now, figures is ask on here before I call them tomorrow.
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I have one of those, a little stiffer right?  I use it for jigging heavy vib-es and large pimples.  For the price, its hard to beat it. It's not top of the line, but perfect for banging those heavy baits off the bottom to call fish in.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

OhioSwampRat

• View Profile
I have one of those, a little stiffer right?  I use it for jigging heavy vib-es and large pimples.  For the price, its hard to beat it. It's not top of the line, but perfect for banging those heavy baits off the bottom to call fish in.

Awesome! Do you remember the brand/model?? Ya know honestly I can't remember what the action was like unfortunately , but if you got time later to add a couple photos I'd really appreciate it,
Lake Medina, Ledge lake, Hinkley lake, Wallace Lake, Spencer lake, judges Lake, Plumb creek, Buckeye woods, Hubbard valley, Chippewa Lake, Portage Lakes Findlay State Park

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Mine is called ice blues and is made by HT.  It's in the walleye bag and not on the ice with me this morning, going for panfish.  I'll try to remember and post a pic. I just know I like it for what I do with it!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
It's a ht and mine is light action. Rodmakers shoppe 7.99
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I have 2 of these rods I jig with one the other us equipt on a jawjacker,they work well and the over sized eye helps to keep ice from forming as bad around them,caught some really nice walleye on them last weekend!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Vexilar