Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Marcum unserwater camera model CR705A

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Looking to purchase my first underwater camera it's a marcum model cr705a. I can't find any information on it so looking for some one here. if anyone has any please let me know?

fishingislife

• View Profile
I bought a high end camera and few years ago and really could do without it for the reason that most lakes in Ohio are not clear enough for camera to work good.   Not sure if your planning on using it on private or public water ways but if its for public waterway just remember about the water clarity Of the lakes you fish at and then ask yourself if you think this camera would work in them.  Just my 2 cents.

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I was going to use it for the tournament on Nimisila sunday and possibly pleasant hill during the winter time only. I will be fishing in 5 ft of water to start with and figured I could sight fish long as water quality isn't to bad from the run off from the rain and what not.

creekcrawler

• View Profile
My 2 cents - I LOVE my camera.

BUT, I've been using it in shallower lakes not much deeper that 12 ft max.
With deeper water, I think I'd be more inclined to use my flasher.

So far, I've had great water clarity for it except at Bass Lake.
Water was rather cloudy. You wouldn't see the fish til it was 1-2 ft away.

I've even had it out on Erie in the summer. If it's not too choppy, you can see alot out there. Saw several anchors and lines laying on the bottom out by the crib.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Ive got a aqua view and can honestly say it was not my best investment,visibility with them is nit that great even bought a light for it,I use a showdown now for ice fishing,did have alot of fun at lake mille lacs in mn. With the camera though water clarity was excellent you could watch huge schools of perch come through searching the bottom conditions have to be perfect or you cant see very far in any direction I would for sure have a flasher or sonar of sorts first,but thats just my 2 cents!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

wis2ohio

• View Profile
I have a dual beam fl-18 that i love. was just looking for something new to toy around with while on the ice but I am second thinking it now of not getting a camera. Thanks for all the replies

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
was just out on nimi with some guys that had a camera and the vis was about 2-3 ft.  even wingfoot is dirty which is usually pretty clear  :P .  I would like one but to use on lake erie . :P
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

wis2ohio

• View Profile
Thanks for the nimi info. I figured it would be very stained for next Sunday after the rain melts all the snow.

Vexilar