Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice report and advice

hardwateraddiction

• View Profile
My son goes to Ashland U and has recently just started to appreciate ice fishing. I have never fished this lake but wanted to come up and give it a shot with my son. How are the ice conditions? Any advice on a good starting point? Any help would be much appreciated.
"Trust me honey, with the price of fish what it is, all this equipment will pay for itself in no time at all!"

wis2ohio

• View Profile
IF you call the park office they might tell you how it looks also you can look on the marina webpage and there is a camera that you can look at however last time i tried to look at the camera it wasn't working.

plantguy

• View Profile
If you call park office or marina most likely they will say they do not know. My experience is that sometimes they are afraid to say because of liability. I try to post when I can of what I find at Charles mill and Pleasent Hill. Last report I gave was not good as level of lake was up and water muddy. Edge ice bad. Now with cold temps it should be good down from marina. Always Always check your own ice. Look at lake map study shoreline. Out from down trees can be good. When you look at map the lake is 3 sections fish middle section.Stay away from river section and far section(springs). Drill holes until fish are found. Ihave had some nice cats this year. Wax worms and jiggin rap perch colored 5-9fow so far but that could change. I may be out this weekend blue sled red cooler if I don't have to work. I checked it last sat. but did not fish it tried P'hill ice was sketchy there to so ended up fishing farm pond. Byers woods is only 5-6 mile from Ashland U Little ponds big gills.

keepinitreel

• View Profile
Mifflin Trading Post (419) 368-3956

They have always given me good reports during the soft water season.

hardwateraddiction

• View Profile
Thanks for the help. Much appreciated! I plan on getting out that way the beginning of next week. I let you know how I do.
"Trust me honey, with the price of fish what it is, all this equipment will pay for itself in no time at all!"

Vexilar