Ice Fish Ohio Forum

5/9/14 crappie bite is on

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hit the lake for a bit before the storms yesterday. The crappie and gills were biting great ahead of the lightning. The storms chased me off the lake, but before that I was getting them every cast. Crappie were smallish in the 7-10" range. The gills were better, between 7-9". Getting them 2' deep in 5' of water.  Was fishing a hexi-fly (chartreuse) under a small float. Rowing into the wind really sucked, but the fishing made it worth it. Was fishing in timber near the shallow flats.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Slab I sure am jealous of the time you get to fish....I wish I could get half and I'd feel better,but im glad your getting some time on the water!!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Its been slow for me so far actually. I've been out 3 times in the last week and a half, but that's my first 3 times out since ice off.  Hoping to get the big boat out one day this week. You been out doing any fishing lately?   
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Went perchin a couple weeks back did fairly well off the linda mae,heading to Quebec for nine days end of the month,just super busy at work!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Vexilar