Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Anybody go out today

Nboldman407

• View Profile

FreezyP

• View Profile
Went out today!  ice was great!!!!  good to go for days to come! have fun!!

g

• View Profile
Where did you access the ice MJ? Would like to go Mon. or Tues.

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
I went out today with Bruce136 and was joined later by Suttalo and Kingbluebacon, The ice started out at 6" out on the lake with the edges still fair at 8:00 am, when we left at 3:30 pm it was 4.75" out on the lake. I will not try going out on the west side any more this year! We caught 80 or so crappies between us and some WB and some cats.

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Bluekingbacon sorry I got it backwards must of been in a hurry.

Slick50

• View Profile
I went out on 03/09/2014 and accessed the lake at the overlook. The ice was about 5 inches. Got warm days at 60 degrees so it looks like its over for me. Caught a 24 inch Walleye out the creek on 03/08/2014 so Im getting primed and ready for the thaw now.

fshman_165

• View Profile
The lake ice is gone. About 70% of the ice was off the lake as of 6 AM this morning. Time to cast from shore and boat for the pre-spawn walleyes....should be a really good season due to the amount of ice we had.

g

• View Profile
Where are some productive areas to cast from shore for walleyes? Would definitely like to give it a try.

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Grant just about any where you can get to could produce a chance for a walleye. Long casts and work it in, jigs and swimbaits or twister tails.

g

• View Profile
Thanks Rusty. May have to give it a try this weekend.

Vexilar