Ice Fish Ohio Forum

ice conditions 2015

slf

• View Profile
I'm out at Berlin right now. Ice is about 4-5 inches thick left of the state park ramp towards the damn. I don't see any open water where I'm set up at.
Fished by the state park ramp with a friend in mine Saturday. Ice was 4 to 5 inches. We used vibes, Swedish pimples , minnows, wax worms, and more. Tons of marks, not even a bite. Water was a little stained. We were out there from 1pm till dark. Very frustrating.

G.M.T

• View Profile
Yeah we only caught one keeper walleye, a smaller 6-7in walleye, and my uncle caught a couple Log-eyes lol.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for the reports, was thinking of heading there Wednesday morning.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

jigginfool

• View Profile
That's scary you only had 4-5 inches... I had 5 inches first point on the left towards the dam over a week ago! Lol I was out Friday off Bonner and 6-7 inches!   Already lost two inches! That's not good!

jigginfool

• View Profile
Anyone been out since the warm up? Looking to get out Friday probably off Bonner... Just looking for ice reports!

G.M.T

• View Profile
Was just out today, ice was 6-7 in thick off of bonner. We  were marking falot of fish, but couldn't catch anything and heard that people on the road bed were not doing well either.

FatherNson

• View Profile
Would like to see this thread continue.  This is 1-24-15 and no one has updated conditions on Berlin??  Anyone catching anything?  Is the whole lake safe or are there areas you have to be careful of all winter?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
GMT just posted conditions from today directly above your post!  ;D I haven't heard much going on up there. When the big eyes stay rolling in I get a call from Adam. No call yet this year.  :-\
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

jigginfool

• View Profile
I was out Friday off Bonner ramp from 7am till 5 pm and had three bites to show for it! Marked a lot of fish till about ten then a few here and there till about one and not much after that! It was a tough day for me to say the least! I had 6-8 inches... Also heard the same thickness off the roadbed area!

jigginfool

• View Profile
Anyone been out lately? I fished mosquito last Friday! Just wondering if anyone has been doing any good? How bad is the snow on the ice? Thanks!

Vexilar