Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Saturday Jan 10, 2014 Report

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Met up with Dustinlancy at 730am a the C5 (Campground Bay). Parked near the basketball court and proceeded with spud bars searching for good/safe ice. NONE IN C5. Headed to C6., drilled 20 holes. Others showed up including Mastercatman.  Fished till 2pm..hardly marked any fish and hardly any takers. Caught a few dink perch.

Headed to S. Main St Boatlaunch.  BAD ICE.. Couldnt fish there

3pm  Headed to C1 (Falcon Restaurant).  Checked ice with spud bars for 250 yds with Dustin & Mike.  Ice was 4-5". Fished to 5pm., caught a a few more perch.

Cold day, but felt great to be out there and meeting other cold water icers including Dustin, Doug, Mike.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
lucky dog I never got out today, but I will try in the am...glad ya found fishable ice. I saw about 8 shantys at wingfoot and the same at moggy off lansinger rd...ice was 4+ at both places ....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile
 ;D the ice is slowly getting better , thank you for the post . I hope to try Nimi around noon , so be safe and tight lines .   ;D

Vexilar