Ice Fish Ohio Forum

mosquito lake ice conditions

LeeinOH · 25 · 19137

steelneyes

• View Profile
I was the one who had just gotten there.  Gonna be even worse out there now with the wind and new snow, no way of telling what is what.  I'm gonna hunker down for a few days and hope conditions improve.  I would almost put money on it someone is gonna go through today or tomorrow.  Will certainly put money on it that it won't be me.
Spud one, spud two, if it went through, so will you!

LeeinOH

• Niles McKinley #794
    • View Profile
Fished the park marina from noon to 6pm. Ice was fine. Caught lots of throwback perch and bluegill and a few keepers. Have stuff to do tomorrow,  but planning on hitti.g Skeeter again Sunday ....

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
I checked ice at the marina and 305 launch today, ice was 2.5" at best. There was a pretty decent snow covering on lake. I was hoping to get out Sunday but not sure. I Will check it again Sunday. Anybody have any reports from the bouy line?
EPIC ICE FISHING ADVENTURES-
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES
ICEJUNKIESOUTDOORS.COM - ACE CUSTOM RODS
VULTURE SYSTEMS- VICIOUS FISHING
STRICKER ICE - AQUA VU- NEBULOUS FLOTATION
PRO CURE SCENTS- GRIM OUTDOORS

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
Lee I checked ice on main lake out from marina parking lot this am, still a little thin for me, how thick was it in marina?
EPIC ICE FISHING ADVENTURES-
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES
ICEJUNKIESOUTDOORS.COM - ACE CUSTOM RODS
VULTURE SYSTEMS- VICIOUS FISHING
STRICKER ICE - AQUA VU- NEBULOUS FLOTATION
PRO CURE SCENTS- GRIM OUTDOORS

LeeinOH

• Niles McKinley #794
    • View Profile
Marina has 2-3". As long as you don't bunch up, there should be no problem.

LeeinOH

• Niles McKinley #794
    • View Profile
Not fishing today, but did a drive by. At least a dozen shanties on main lake body. Have at it fellers!!!!!

Erie Tom

• View Profile
How is  the ice on  the lake at  the bouy line or  on the south side. Would  appreciate an update  to go  thursday.

Thanks!!

joewallguy

• View Profile
Fished south end Sunday. 4 to 6" all over that we fished. 4 keepers and a perch by noon between 2 of us, made a move north and really got um going. good limit with a lot of dinks. vibe, dead stick, spoon, all took um at times.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10917878_10203512618483939_7832693798910800182_n.jpg?oh=b0ee1871e5fde0ba997e80874a3f08d7&oe=552DB3A7&__gda__=1429177265_e39b34e1f65efe316d15411554c63d1c

Slim

• View Profile
Can you go off of the south side of causeway yet??

Erie Tom

• View Profile
Fished  yesterday  the 15th off the  south end  dam area. . 6 inches  of good  clear ice. Snow  not a problem.  Four  guys nice perch  and  gills. walleye  were dinks and a 17 inch.,

Vexilar