Ice Fish Ohio Forum

neither wind nor cold

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
when joel (slabslayer) and I went out to nimi today we were catching fish but we couldn't withstand the brutal  cold wind. big change from yesterday in the 60s , the wind was howling so bad when we left that my bucket and scoop, fish , and minniows  went screaming across the lake, no chance of catching them... :P   a shanty would not have survived out there today.....anyway half frozen we headed down to c-6 hoping the wind wouldn't be as bad....surprise!!!   not......we did manage some some small fish there, but if we had to change a lure couldn't do it without being in the truck .... :P  slab got this monster crappy right?   hehehe    so even being the die hards that we are...today was a prime example of fishing addiction of the third kind hehehe  LETS DO IT AGAIN...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm in!   It was a blast in more ways than one.  ;D Maybe tomorrow or Thursday. If not I'm clear Friday morning.   So fun, but the coldest day on the ice all year. I froze. Next time I'll dress for it.

Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
weather will get better next couple days I think we will see a couple more days of fishable fish habitat ....and I bet it will be hot....I have noticed the fish have become more aggressive last couple weeks....let me know  ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar