Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 10:13:08 AM

Author Topic: Trying Indian next week  (Read 3206 times)

dcp103

• View Profile
Trying Indian next week
« on: January 23, 2015, 12:31:44 PM »

Thinking about trying Indian lake next week have never fished it but we lost all our ice down here by Cincinnati. So how's the ice up there? Where can I get bait? And is there decent fishing within walking distance of shore?

Bryan78

• View Profile
Re: Trying Indian next week
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 08:19:16 PM »

Ice is fine. Follow the herd. Drive around the lake until you see a bunch of people. Don't be afraid to wait the fish out. I was out the other day for about 5 hours and stayed in the same 3 holes. A lot of guys drilled and moved and drilled some more and eventually came close to us. Caught some nice gills and crappies but most people were trying for saugeyes. There are several places to get bait but I normally go to lakeside pro bass. Good luck! I won't be out until at least Monday.

dcp103

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 08:27:29 PM »

I'm planning on Monday,Wednesday or thursday Ive got a new marcum sonar I'm dying to try

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 08:38:04 PM »

well I can tell you that Blackhawk had plenty of ice, but I can't tell you where the fish are in that area, I was with 1 other guy and we marked very few fish from 4-6:30 pm. I will be fishing again Saturday and trying my luck on the north side or Dunns Pond
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar