Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Erie 24th and 25th

Bryan · 28 · 17737

Rodsabendin

• View Profile
Will be out next few days dont be afraid to give me a shout. 41970724eightseven
I'll be out also,  Ok to Text or call If you like- 41976920fourThree.

bradner32

• View Profile
Bryan,my son and I are gonna be at Rickards at 530 Saturday morning,I'm trying to be on my way out by 615 at the latest if you wanna meet up.all I have is an auger poles and a beat up old shanty.

MikeSkripac

• View Profile
If anyone is willing to help 3 Erie ice fishing virgins from Youngstown please call Mike at 330-550-2625.  We can't catch a walleye to save our lives near home and we are ready to try Erie but need help picking a place to go out of and a place to check ice reports for safety.  I know we can hire a guide but we'd rather go near shore by ourselves if possible. Heck if we caught one nice walleye and some decent perch we'd be happy!  We are looking to set up a trip next week for 2 days between 1/26 and 1/30.  Thanks.

smf8880

• View Profile
Hey, went out of Catawba this morning walked out about 1.5 mile nw of the park.  First thing in the morning had a bunch of marks on the vex and nothing but fish chasing aggressively but wouldn't take it. Did get a couple of smacks on a green/gold #6 pimple but kept missing them. From what I heard the pack about 3 miles out were catching fish. Sw wind today and on the way back in the first crack off shore was only open a few inches. In the 5 spots I drilled. Ice was between 8-10" and clear. Plenty of trails to to follow and four wheerlers/sleds zipping around everywhere. Good luck! Hope this helps!

Bryan

• View Profile
Bradner, we have to drive about 3 hours to get to Catawba, so about the earliest we'll get there is 8am...don't wait on us! LOL!
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

Jsillanpaa

• View Profile
Caught one hog today in 22 ft of water early but nothing all day. We are out about 2.7 miles out of Catawba. Does anyone do good close to shore at night?

lipripper88

• View Profile
Was out 3.5 miles. Caught one. One more got off at the hole. Lota marks on the flasher but not alot of biters.

Jsillanpaa

• View Profile
Sounds about the same for everyone hopefully with the storm front coming through they bite tomorrow. We will see. I can't figure out how to post the picture of the walleye but hopefully Dave will

icefshrman31

• View Profile
Not too late to hit BUCKEYE LAKE tomorrow. Fishinsam may be going out from Fairfield Beach or Pap boos. He'll be on the fish like a bird dog !!!

Bryan

• View Profile
We fished over 5 hours off Catawba...nothing, nada, zero, zilch. Not even trash fish were interested.
Captain Bryan Oetting
Middle Bass Island Ohio
Lake Erie

Otter's island water taxi

Jsillanpaa

• View Profile
Fishinsam has never caught a fish in his life he buys all his saugeye from the local fish market

mazak500

• View Profile
Fished all day saturday out of catawba. Followed Eyewall out then split up.
Had 4 people with me. My dad and i fished in my shanty and ended up with our limits. Biggest i got was just over 11lb (going on wall)
Other 2 people only had 1 fish. Sunday morning different story. Setup in same spot and ened up with 3 fish between 4 people at 10:30 am

Vexilar