Ice Fish Ohio Forum

bluegill smackdown c-1 thursday

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
gills were biting non stop during the freezing rain thurs. morning,got some dandys,got 4 crappie during the day,and 4 more at dusk,biggest 11 in. also got a 9 1/2 perch. ice was fine,minimal slush,fished 9 ft. of water,gills on bottom,crappies up,chartreuse #8 jig w/ trigger x pink glow 1inch minnow.also got the usual dink perch,dink gills,and short crappies,go get em boys  :)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Nice! !  Going to hit it Monday morning. Thanks for the report!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

gillhunter

• View Profile
I had the same results in C-5 I was one of 3 people out there after 4 pm last night. Gill bite was non stop untill about 5:30. Got a nice 8 1/4" read ear, so close to a fish O!. got 6 crappie and countless dink gills with a few "eaters". They all went back in. Cuaght all mine in 6 FOW on waxies. Same as OP. gills on the bottom crappies cruisin just above the weeds.

holehopper

• View Profile
gillhunter,what was the slush,and water clarity like at c-5 ? thanks. Slab supposed to get alot of snow sunday,dont know if i'll get out monday or not,might give it a shot saturday,thanks guys.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

crappiehunter

• View Profile
I plan on being out there tomorrow morning so maybe see you out there. You going to c5 holehopper?

holehopper

• View Profile
if i end up going it will be c-1,last time i went to c-5 it was a mess and water was dirty.. :-\

buckzye11

• View Profile
I saw your truck out there today holehopper... 2x2 on road... Ha! Classic, laughed my a$$ off!

holehopper

• View Profile
yeah,if i"m off road,i"ve been in a accident. ;)

Vexilar