Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Nimmy 1/30 & 1/31

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
My son fished Nimmy on Friday 1/30 at C1 in the afternoon & early evening., Red Eskimo.  He brought home 15 keepers... 3 Crappie, 1 Perch & 11 Gills. One of the Crappies  was a nice 12" and the Perch was a fatty too.

Saturday 1/31 I was fishing C1 by 6am., (1st on the ice in that part of the lake). Right away, I started catching  nice, keeper Crappies & Perch. Mostly they hit on Waxworms, but managed a few on Medium Sized Minnows. Soon after daylight, my son, Nathan showed up along with Dustin, Dan & Tom.

Catch was sporadic and continued near stop after 10am.  Tom brought his Marcum Camera and we drilled a dozen holes in search of our prey. We found weedy areas, non-weedy areas & semi-weedy areas, but no luck. It seemed like the Crappie & Perch bite completely shut off after 10am. The only species we caught were gills from 10am to 2pm.

Had a nice cigar while on the ice too.

Nathan & I brought home 29 fish... Filleted 20.
Tom drew a near blank while Dan had over 30 Gills and Dustin had a dozen.

Ice was sloppy & soupy in some sections making trekking difficult. Ice as layered, but about 7".

C1 turned into a zoo near 11am.  The place was like a circus. It was the most people I've seen on the ice this season.  Luckily, I can honestly say I did not see ONE PIECE of LITTER or TRASH on the ice the area I fished.

We're having the fish today.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 07:27:50 AM by icebucketjohn »
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Nice!  Thanks for the report. Should be back on the ice tomorrow, just not sure where yet. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
If I dont go to work, I'll be drilling holes somewhere near the homestead too... Nimmy, North, Nez or East.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm hoping to get out in the afternoon after I plow. Be in touch.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar