Ice Fish Ohio Forum

past weekend warm up.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The warmup we had this past weekend was just what we needed. I fished 2 lakes today, Walborn and Deer Creek. While the bites were off and I expected that fishing on the back end of the front, I did catch fish. I posted my results in the lake boards. But the real surprise was the ice!   It was beautiful!  No slush anywhere I walked and I covered a lot of ground looking for active fish to no avail. Friday and Saturday were a slushy mess. But the rain and warmer temps combined with lows in the 20's last night had everything iced over very nicely. If you go anytime soon, TAKE YOUR CLEATS! !  It's slick as glass out there.  It added a good 2" of ice since Saturday, both lakes had 9-11" everywhere I drilled.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 03:47:32 PM by slabslayer »
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
I went out yesterday and the ice was covered in water, I think I urinated 20 times in a few hours do to the fact I was listening to the water run in my holes the hole time :D
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
its froze up now , and when you drill a hole and the water rushes in  that's  spooky   eh ?
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar