Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Lake Erie from shore

Suttalo

• Suttalo
    • View Profile
Can or does anyone fish from the mainland shore for Crappie, Perch or White Bass?
Without walking very far? Are fish catchable close to shore? Never icefished Erie before but I want to try for some pan fish up there soon. Maybe close to Cataba State Park?
Thanks
"The spirit of the bow dwells in the hearts of all young men."

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
try east harbor state park
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

g

• View Profile
There are many near shore places to fish. East Harbor, Whites Landing and numerous marinas provide great opportunities to catch panfish.

Suttalo

• Suttalo
    • View Profile
Thanks guys!
I am going out with DB Charters early sat am. If we are done early I will try those area and post results. If I am making the drive might as well make a full go of it 😜

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
John is a good guy hopefully the fish bite. Poke away with the spud bar and walk away from the shanties and you can catch some fish
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Suttalo

• Suttalo
    • View Profile
Jon charter and guys I meet where great. Bite was not good at all...but I will be back!

Vexilar