Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Fishing solo tomorrow and walking

Jigslinger

• View Profile
Any body looking for a partner, being walking everyweekend and being doing fairly well.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey jigslinger  maybe I can go with ya next time, I already planned an outing this weekend or I would go ,  you headed out of Catawba ?   post how you do ,ok?     
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

rivermojo

• View Profile
First time out on ice this year and looking to walk out solo this weekend.  Wouldn't mind following you out if you are planning on walking solo as well. Help always appreciated

Jigslinger

• View Profile
Hi, I'll let you know if i go this weekend. I'm not sure yet with all this snow, my legs are getting worn out lol.

rivermojo

• View Profile
If u dont mind how far out were you walking? Really dreading the hike and dont want to go further than needed

Jigslinger

• View Profile
There's fish everywhere out there you dont have to go far,just keep moving till you find a active pod. We have being walking all over 3 to 5 miles, sometimes less. We are going tomorrow but wont get there till probably 3, so we will probably fish after dark.

Jigslinger

• View Profile
You would think with all these views {LURKERS}. Someone would chime in and help a newbie out.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
If your walking catawba will be your best bet. Walk two or three miles and bring a good lunch and some beers. You might have a chance till 9am and from 5:30 to 6:30pm fish hard. Good luck and use your head
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

rivermojo

• View Profile
Looks like I will be heading out of catawba then. Thanks for the heads up. We might not be leaving till afternoon either

Jigslinger

• View Profile
Really haven't had much luck early. Most of are bites started after 11 and sometimes will last till 3. Then we will do go at dark and after. Marking fish aint the problem getting them to hit is, a camera really made a difference for getting bit. Good luck out there.

rivermojo

• View Profile
Thanks. We do have a camera and flasher. If you wouldn't mind maybe we could walk out with you?  Havent been out this year so safety is my biggest concern would like to follow someone who has been out. Let me know. If the fish aren't biting misery always loves company

Vexilar