Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Nimmy Sunday 2/8

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
...Was extremely skeptical of doing much trekking in the slop, so I decided to scout around the lake.  The S. Main St ramp showed 3 guys (2 brothers) at the sunken bridge catching a few dink perch. I had my son's, dog (Taz) with me, a black, female, very friendly Pit Bull and gave her first jaunt on the ice. She made quick friends with everyone and seemed to be enjoying herself.

Son, Nathan called to say he was fishing off C6., so me & Taz jumped in the truck and drove over to C6. I walked out to meet him, fished for about an hour with him catching more dink perch and 1 catfish. (3lb). ,Nathan thought he had a Walleye and hollered: "GET THE GAFF".  Alas, I saw whiskers and no scales. We Called it quits at 1pm.

Observed on a couple of guys at the Campground Bay & C1., while a dozen others scattered around the lake.

Warmest day on the ice sofar this season.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
rain forecast kept alot of guys home i expect,you had a enjoyable morning,and the bonus was it was warm,but not for long,sure was a bunch of guys out sat. managed a dozen crappies between 5 and 8 pm. and snow on ice was getting pretty sloppy when i came off,giving it a day to harden up a little go out on tues. i guess,thanks for report,i always like to see nimi reports because thats primarily where i plant my bucket. :)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Vexilar