Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Fairfield Beach 2-13

g · 5 · 4084

g

• View Profile
Was going to fish Fairfield Beach after the fishing expo. Open water on the other side of lake. Talked to a guy I talked to at Erie last weekend and he was puttting his snowmobile on his trailer. He said only 3-4 inches by the red buoy. Didn't have my spud bar and was by myself so I didn't go out. He said water opened up a lot since Thurs. Wind today won't help it any. Was told you could see the sketchy ice so be careful if you go.

Green Pea

• View Profile
The CJ Brown Reservoir is like that now. I can't believe one warm weekend did that much damage to good ice. I wan't to fish tomorrow morning and will but I can't make up my mind where. I would like to try out Buckeye but I don't know the lake at all.... never been there. Indian Lake has good ice so I may head that way.

I don't know why I was thinking the Buckeye was so far for me originally. I looked it up and it's just a little over an hour away. That's the same distance as Indian is from my place.

g

• View Profile
Buckeye is much farther by miles for me but takes about the same amount of time due to running the interstate. Wish I could fish it more so I could learn the lake.

twoatatime

• View Profile
Hey fellow ice people...
Yes, be aware of open water running from the North Shore to around 500 yards of the Marsh/Island areas just off of Fairfield Beach. I was there on 2/13 and all is well between the island and marsh. 6-8" ice avails throughtout east of the open water. It has been slow but saugeye and crappie have been taken in 9-12' of water. Hope this NW wind doesn't put an end to a great first ice run...Tight Lines all...

g

• View Profile
Thanks for the report twoatatime. If I would have had my spud bar, I would have given it a try. Good luck.

Vexilar