Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Why put the gear away?

g · 3 · 2069

g

• View Profile
The only gear I put away is my shanties. I love using my ice rods and flasher fishing crappies and saugeyes from the boat. People give me funny looks until they see me catching fish. Also use them to dock fish and have even perch fished Erie on pancake days. Good times.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I use my vex and ice lures all the time in open water. Not the rods so much, although there's a couple in my boat at all times for under certain low clearance bridges. But I get huge crappie and bluegill all year long on my ice tackle, especially my ice plastics.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
i also have used a ice rod out of the boat,when the water is still very cold after ice out,i will use a spring bobber rod for the shy bite,it works.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Vexilar