Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice Tackle

quackpot

• View Profile
I agree that he would ship items but going in person is a whole different deal. I live in Marysville and love it when I have time for that trip.

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Worth the trip he'll even put together your shanty for you if you buy it there
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

g

• View Profile
Hey 30, I live in Xenia and bought my phoebes at the Gander in Huber. They weren't in the ice gear, they were just on the shelf. I would love to go to Marks Bait sometime but I would want to buy a lot of tackle to make it worth it.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Ok I will check them out. And I live in beavercreek so we're pretty close. If you ever want to hook up to do some fishing let me know. Be nice to split gas and to be honest I'd like to go out with someone more experienced on early ice. I bought a spud bar and picks but I've never been out on ice less than 8 inches. Didn't start ice fishing until January of last year. And maybe we could get up by marks ;D I like buying tackle

g

• View Profile
We will definitely have to get together this winter. Indian Lake is usually my early ice destination and I mainly target saugeyes and perch. If I panfish, I have a pond near home that is full of big bluegills. Look forward to meeting and fishing with you.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Sounds good. Hopefully I can get up to alum to meet some of you guys in person. If not I'll message you whenever we start getting some ice.

quackpot

• View Profile
If at all possible come up to Alum, you will have a blast.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
I'm gonna try to get up there but it just depends on how deer season goes. If it doesn't cool off soon I may not get even get in a stand till nov. Dec may be doable. Got to hit at least one tourney before ice

g

• View Profile
It's well worth attending at least one dock tourney. A lot of info is free for the asking and new fishing partners are there for the asking. I love the dock tourneys. Can't wait for them to start again.

Green Pea

• View Profile
I'm going to the dock tournaments this year. If for nothing else to learn from others and put a face to the names. One thing I would like to start understanding is when to use what. Big baits small baits what colors and why type of stuff.

I have only been at this a few years now but I can honestly say I would rather ice fish than soft water fish. There is something about dragging a sled out, cutting a hole and enjoying a cup of coffee watching the lights blink. Bring on the ice.

quackpot

• View Profile
I did good two years ago but now I just donate money. I wouldn't trade the time at the docks for anything. You will have a blast, and I will have plenty of useless information. I'm the fat guy with to much stuff (other people say).

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Hey g I picked up 8 of those phoebe spoons on an e bay auction for 19.99. Asst. Sizes and colors.  Figure I'll give em a shot. You can never have too much stuff, right?

g

• View Profile
Great deal 30. I'll have to check E bay myself. Thanks for the info.

30inthabucket

• View Profile
Worth the trip he'll even put together your shanty for you if you buy it there

Just put together my eskimo quickflip.ugh! What a pain in the a**! Maybe I should have bought one from Mark and had him put it together. At least now I can say I've had my shanty set up in my living room.lol. was about to bait up an ice rod with a dog treat and do some black lab jigging ;D

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
I can safely say that Marks Bait and Tackle is a awesome place when buying shantys that need assembly in Ohio!
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

Vexilar