Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Preparing for the Tournament

Green Pea

• View Profile
Guys I'm bored so I'm starting a thread....

I absolutely can not wait for Nov.1st. I don't know what it is about ice fishing but I personally am addicted to it. I like fishing over the Winter far better than the Summer.

I am still what I consider fairly new to all this. For a short while, I have read back through various threads to see what other people used last year with success.... during this same time frame at each lake within an hour from where I live.  Today, I read through everything posted about Alum hoping to get some tips for Sunday. Thank you Dave, Chris and others for all the tips.

So far I've had a Nills auger and different ice lures show up at my house but still have a few things to get and I'm ready.

Folks we are only a couple weeks out and it's dock time......I'm looking forward to meeting the Alum crew.

Today I set up my poles for Alum and color coded 

LeeinOH

• Niles McKinley #794
    • View Profile
I'm in Warren and would be willing to give Alum a try and possibly carpool so a few of us could represent NE Ohio as Alum is a bit of a drive for some of us up here... or possibly a dock tourney up this way ??? ??? ??? ???

quackpot

• View Profile
I did a little pre fishing today. I didn't catch any crappie or saugeye. I did keep seventeen gills and turned loose five or six smallmouth. Biggest smallmouth was about a pound and a half. It felt good setting on the dock. There was still about half of the boats there.

g

• View Profile
Good job quackpot. hopefully the crappies and saugeyes will have moved in when the dock tourneys start. They are getting closer, come on Nov.1.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Hey lee,I live in Wadsworth and if you want to meet me right there on 76 you can ride down with us,send me a pm if interested.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Vexilar