Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Maybe she gets it now...

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Finally got the wife in a shanty.  It was in the cabelas store but it's a start I guess... or maybe not. She was hungry and ready to go home 2 min later.lol

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
that's a start,
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

quackpot

• View Profile
She just needs to hook her first fish and she will be hooked like it. Make sure you have a heater, cold ladies are unhappy ladies.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I got mine to go with me once, she got several bass and was comfortable in the shanty. We were on a pond at a cabin we stayed at. I can't get her out on a big lake though. But anytime they're in the shanty it's a good thing!  ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile
You did better than me. I can't get mine to sit in it at home. She did say she wants to go with me some time. It will probably be a pond where she doesn't have to walk far and she can catch some fish. Maybe this year.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Yeah I don't think she really has any interest in actually going ice fishing, but maybe someday... of course then I'd definitely need a 2 man shelter...or she'd be cold... that frabill aegis was pretty nice...yeah I think she needs to go with me.lol

MEKlukow

• View Profile
As one of the seemingly few women interested in this sport, I can tell you that two of the keys to getting ladies onto the ice are biting fish and LOTS of socks. I've seen many women get hooked on fishing when they catch their first, but cold feet will ruin a trip every time haha. Hope you and your wife both have a great season!

Vexilar