Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Hold your horses!

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Friday has rain and high winds in the forecast. We're currently replacing the ice that was lost early in the weekend, but it may not last. Please avoid the ice sheet if the temperatures and wind increase again this weekend. Banks could erode quickly and floes will be likely if the winds are high.

I have my gear ready, and my honey-do list is finished. I'm as ready as anyone, but this could be a game changer for my weekend.
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Point taken,bummer for all of us.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
East Reservoir of the Portage Lakes Chain was completely re-opened Monday because of the high winds.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
HEAVY SIGH
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yep, as of Tuesday January 12, 2016 1:15pm, it looks sketchy for the weekend hole drilling.

Fingers Crossed.

WAIT & SEE
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

holehopper

• View Profile
I'm leaning towards sketchy as well. :-\
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Ok here's the deal... I hope!  8) The little bit of rain we are getting Friday will get rid of the snow that hasn't been blown off of the smaller bodies of water. Then we start getting some inches. Possibly punching holes by wed/thurs. Calling for a high of 44 here Friday with little rain. Fingers crossed.

holehopper

• View Profile
I am so bored waiting for ice to form,I have been reading last years fishing reports,good reading though.But I really would like to post some new ones.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Bored so much I just gotta get outdoors.  I'm headed to NW Pa for a camping overnighter in Adironack Shelters at Oil Creek State Park this Saturday, January 16th-17th.

Room for 2 more if anybody is interested.

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
You guys are lucky in the Akron/Canton area. We got about a ft of snow last night up here in Mentor.  Area lakes and marinas won't be safe for awhile now....  :'(

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey persuader your up there in steelie land ever hit the rivers, those trout should be  happenin   8)  icebucket have a good time maybe some ice when ya get back
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 09:42:56 PM by snowcone »

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Hey Snowcone, I tried to get into it a few years back to no avail. I grew up wade fishing the Mohican, Wallhounding, Kokosing, ect for smallmouth, saugeye and sauger. Too old school I guess sticking to my roots. Ha!

g

• View Profile
Hopefully the central Ohio lakes won't get too much rain and wind to muck up the works. Would be nice for the snow to melt and the water freeze to help add thickness. I am hoping for next weekend. Bad thing is they are predicting snow after the cool down. Have to wait and see like always. Not losing all hope yet.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey icebucket that's looking like a lean too , do the critters walk in while your snoozing and cuddle up with ya   heheheheh 

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Those "crittters" get invited to supper every night

Vexilar