Ice Fish Ohio Forum

invisible swivel on sonar ?

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well guys I use invisible swivels on some of my rods and when I was out tues I keept seeing my swivel on sonar , now usually my gain isn't that high but it was weird seeing my swivel  above my jig... AND  a new thing happened there were a bunch of guys close together and someone set up close to me and  my sonar went nuts, had to switch frequencys so my sonar would work again, anybody have this happen to them?  strange right?
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
I have had it happen to me before too. Sometimes when the transducers cones overlap, a lot of interference occurs. Happens to me when I fish with a buddy in his boat. We both use our ice gear a lot to catch crappies and saugeyes . When we fish deep water. our cones overlap and I get the interference.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 Oh Mr. Grant, quit with the stories you don't have any buddies except me.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
thnx  g  I run a garmin and I didn't think many guys have these on the ice,

Waterbite

• Life is grand
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if this is what you were experiencing or not, I understand Marcum Sonar units are designed to wash out other sonar signals near them.  Ive found I have to fish far away from a few of my buddies that use them.  Again, just my humble observation. 

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Did'nt know catfish were swivel shy.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hahahaahahahaha   now that's funny stuff there    maybe that's what happened at nimi last year when I caught 68 cats in one day . but its something maybe I should ask garmin about.

holehopper

• View Profile
I remember that,that was the day you were using dynamite for bait. :D
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey hopper I can show ya that whisker wonderland over at nimi  if ya like bud. I  would love to share those cats    :-X :-X :-X :-X   p.s.  I couldn't get the fuse light ....

holehopper

• View Profile
yeah,i want to catch some cats,my wife likes them,i have had a few on before but they always broke me off,if i was going to target them i would beef it up a bit,i'm game. :P

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
looks like it s  gonna get sloppy before we get to go out there,,   but I can X marks the spot for ya

holehopper

• View Profile
rick i just got a old flip phone,no internet or gps,you could spray paint a big x on the ice and point me in the right direction.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
time to modernize ?    I will try and mark up a map and send ya when I get back today , or maybe this weekend I want to try nimi again since the ice seems to be stable around here for now. shoot you don't have to beef it up , just set the drag loose.. 8)   BUT I may take some paint if I get down there hehehehe

holehopper

• View Profile
appreciate it,thanks

Vexilar